Concentrator BBS 4000 has sufficient flexibility, functionality and extensibility for integration into all existing networks of providers and future networks of wideband access. It supports all requirements on quality of service and provision of required transmission band. So it superficially suits for construction of optical access networks on base of Ethernet/IP technology.
Concentrator is performed in metal case of9U height, providing erection into 19” column or desktop placement. It contains:
- 2 slots for completion with CSM modules;
- 12 universal slots for installation of EPM04 and GEM04 modules;
- 3 slots for ventilation module;
- 2 slots for two standby DC power supply modules (-48V).
All modules have “hot” replacement function.
CSM module combines management functions with non-locked commutation (1 EPON port per 1 GEthernet uplink) level L2/L3, its effective capacity amounts 48Gbps. At availability of two modules CSM chassis provides its combined operation as per double star circuit.
GEM04 module equipped with 4 ports for SFP modules allows performing concentrator connection to outer IP network.
EPM04 module provides connection of 4EPON lines.
Functional diagram BBS 4000
From GEM to each CSM
From EPM to each CSM
Availability of universal slots allows flexible equipping and stage-by-stage increase of commutator efficiency with required ports (GEthernet or EPON).
At full completion due to its architecture, BBS 4000 allows to connect up to 44 EPON «trees» (up to 1408 ONU) maximum and provide hot backup of critically important elements (CSM and power supply).
- EPON based on IEEE 802.3 ah standard;
- Tree-type structure supporting up to 64 connections per one EPON interface;
- 4 EPON ports in each EPM04 module;
- Up to 44 EPON ports;
- Transmission range up to 20 km for 32 connections and 10 km for 64 connections;
- Optic fiber: Single-mode optic fiber with SC connector;
- Transmission rate: Symmetrical upstream and downstream per 1 Gbit/s;
- Optical power budget: 29 dB;
- Lengths of waves: Transmission (Tx): 1490 nm, reception (Rx): 1310 nm;
- 4 ports of 1000-X SFP Gigabit Ethernet in each module GEM04 for backbone connection;
- Management:1 port RS-232(RJ45), 1 port 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45) per each CSM module;
- Non-locked commutation architecture, flexible detection of addresses VCCI, UL and FCC part 15B, Layer 2 IGMP snooping, VLAN 802.1 p & q,IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation, mirroring of packages of input/output ports, package buffering and extended stream control;
- Built-in mechanisms of service quality (QoS) : up to 8 CoS turns per each subscriber, 802.1q &q, IPv4 TOS priority, dynamic bandwidth allocation (DBA), limitation of output bandwidth;
- Possibility of rating transmitted traffic with accuracy up to 1 Mb;
- Routing functions of the third level: protocols: TCP/IP, ICMP, ARP, Proxy ARP, OSPF v2, BGP-4, RIPv2, PIM-DM, PIM-SM, IGMPv2;
- User’s authorization based on: IEEE 802.1x/Radius;
- 9U in column 19";
- Dimensions (mm): 482.6 (W) x 415(L) x 399.2(H);
- Weight: chassis (ventilated) – 12,5kg , maximum – 20,5 kg;
- Power supply: direct current: -48 Volts (2 changeover modules for standby protection);
- Power consumption: at full loading: 438 W max.